The principal document regulating activities of the All-Ukrainian Party of Spirituality and Patriotism is Statute of the APSP.
Of the All-Ukrainian Party of Spirituality and Patriotism
by Foundation Congress
of All-Ukrainian Party
of Spirituality and Patriotism
Protocol ¹ 1 dated October 15, 2000
by Ministry of Justice of Ukraine
on March 30, 2001
Certificate ¹ 1610
by extraordinary congress
of the All-Ukrainian Party
of Spirituality and Patriotism
Protocol ¹ 2 dated February 15, 2003
Accepted with changes
on April 11, 2005
by the III-d congress
of the All-Ukrainian Party
of Spirituality and patriotism
Protocol ¹ 3 dated January 22, 2005
Accepted with changes and
on March 16, 2005
with changes and amendments
by the VI-th extra congress
of the All-Ukrainian Party
of Spirituality and patriotism
Protocol ¹ 1 dated March 31, 2006
1. General provisions
1.1. The All-Ukrainian Party of Spirituality and Patriotism (hereinafter – APSP) is a political party, created on voluntary foundations, which unites citizens who are adherers of a certain all-national program of social development and which has the aim of assisting the process of molding of spirituality and patriotism, which expresses the will of the citizens and which takes part in elections and other political undertakings.
1.2. The full name is the All-Ukrainian Party of Spirituality and Patriotism. The short name is the APSP.
1.3. The activity of the APSP is founded on the principles of good will, self-government, equality of its members, lawfulness and publicity, observing the laws, regulations and the Statute of the party, personal responsibility for the commission, collective security and legal interests of the party. In its activity the APSP is regulated by the Constitution of Ukraine, the Law of Ukraine “On Political Parties in Ukraine” and by other laws of Ukraine.
1.4. Activity of the APSP is conducted on the territory of Ukraine.
1.5. Regional organizations of the APSP ( AR of the Crimea, regional, district, city organizations, c. Kiev organization and c. Sevastopol organization) are created on the territories of the Autonomous republic of the Crimea, in regions, districts and cities by decision of the Political Council (Rada) of the APSP. These organizations are guided in their activities by the current Statute and Program of the party. After their registration regional organizations (AR of the Crimea, regional, district and city organizations, organizations of the city Kiev and the city Sevastopol 0 acquire the status of legal entity. Regional organizations of the Autonomous Republic of the Crimea, c. Kiev and c. Sevastopol act have the rights of regional organizations.
1.6. The APSP becomes a legal entity at the moment of its registration ( have its seal, accounts in banks etc.) according to the order established by the law. The party conducts its activity on the Constitution of Ukraine, the Law of Ukraine “On Political Parties in Ukraine”, the current Statute and the party program and other legal regulations.
1.7. The legal address of the APSP is: 01001, Ukraine, c. Kiev, Malaya Zhitomirskaya str., 11, office 5A.
2. Party’s Goals and Tasks
2.1. The goal of the All-Ukrainian Party of Spirituality and Patriotism is to assist the process of molding and expressing political will of the citizens; towards a powerful state through spirituality and patriotism of each person; participation in elections and other political undertakings.
2.2. Proceeding from the principal goal of its activity, the party has the following tasks:
- To carry out active work aimed at awakening high spirituality and patriotic education of the people;
- To assist development of Ukraine as a sovereign, independent, democratic and state rule-of-law state with the Cossack model of democracy, which would harmonically unite freedoms and liberties with discipline and order in the state;
- To take an active part in formation of the state policy and in organizing bodies of state power;
- To assist strengthening of statehood in Ukraine, to struggle for true economic reforms, to strive for adopting the Program of economic development, oriented at development and introducing national technologies;
- To assist organs of state power in carrying out a fair social policy, to seek after observing the principles of fairness and guaranties of the state;
- To assist strengthening defense of Ukraine, to take part in struggle with criminals;
- To take measures aimed at protection of environment.
2.3. To fulfill the tasks and goals, put before the party, the APSP has the following rights, established by the acting legislation:
- To carry out its activity freely, within the frameworks, provided by the Constitution of Ukraine, the Law of Ukraine “On Political Parties in Ukraine” and of other laws of Ukraine;
- To take part in elections of the President of Ukraine, in elections to Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine and other bodies of state power, to bodies of local self government and in elections of their official personalities according to the order, established by the current laws of Ukraine;
- To use state mass media and also to found its own mass media, as it has been provided for by the corresponding laws of Ukraine;
- To maintain political links with other political parties, with civil organizations of other countries, with international and inter-governmental organizations, to establish international unions, in accordance with the Law of Ukraine “On Political Parties in Ukraine” ;’
- To support youth, women and other associations of the citizens in ideological, organizational way and by financial support; to render assistance for their creation.
3. Party Members, Their Rights and Obligations
3.1. Membership in the APSP can be only individual.
3.2. Only the citizens of Ukraine, who, according to the Constitution of Ukraine, have the right to vote at elections and who recognize and fulfill requirements of the currant Statute and pay membership fees, can become members of the APSP.
3.3. Admission to the APSP is done on the basis of a written application of a candidate to a party bureau of a private party organization or a committee of a regional party organization. Decisions of committees of private party organizations or a committee of regional organizations of the APSP on admission to the party is considered to be final after it is approved by the Political Rada of the APSP.
3.4. Membership of the APSP is terminated in the following cases: for violating the currant legislation of Ukraine, of the APSP Statute, in case of keeping aloof from fulfilling one’s party obligations, for not paying the membership fees during more than 3 months, in case of handing in a written application for resignation from the party membership, handing in an application for admission to another political party, in case of bringing to a criminal account or for hiding previous convictions, in case of activity, aimed at splitting of the party and unleashing animosity; in cases when the APSP member takes an office or gets an appointment, which is prohibited for the party members by the Laws of Ukraine or in case of a long-term staying abroad. The decision of discharging from the APSP members is the prerogative of the Political Rada of the APSP and also of regional committees of the APSP, its private party organizations. Decisions of regional committees of the APSP and its private party organizations are final only in case they are approved by the Political Rada of the APSP.
3.5. Membership in the APSP does not limit participation in activities of other social organizations. The APSP members can also be a member of another political party.
The following can be members of the APSP:
- Workers of public prosecutor’s office;
- Workers of interior services;
- Workers of Security Service of Ukraine;
- Military servicemen.
3.6. The APSP members have the following rights:
- To take part in all the undertakings, which are conducted by the APSP;
- To receive any information on the party’s activity;
- To elect and to be elected to the leading bodies of the party;
- To apply to the APSP for protecting their rights and interests;
- To put forwards proposals to the leading party bodies, pertaining their activity.
3.7 A party member has the following obligations:
- to carry out an active work, aimed at achieving the party goals and solving its tasks;
- to adhere to the goals and tasks of the party;
- to fulfill resolutions of the higher party bodies;
- to pay membership fees in time.
4. The Order of Creation and Activity of the Leading Party organs and Their Authorities
4.1. The APSP is created and works on the territorial principle. The APSP structure is made up by regional centers (AR of the Crimea, regional, district, city organizations, organizations of c. Kiev and c. Sevastopol) and private party organizations. Private organizations of the APSP, which count no less than three members, are created according to residential principle by initiative groups of the APSP. After their registration regional party organizations (AR of the Crimea, regional, district, city organizations, organizations of c. Kiev and c. Sevastopol) acquire the right of a legal entity ( have a seal and an account in a bank). Private party organizations don’t have the right of legal entity.
4.2. A party meeting is the highest leading organ for a private party organization. For regional party bodies ( AR of the Crimea, regional, district and city organizations, organizations of c. Kiev and c. Sevastopol) the highest party organ is a conference. A congress is the highest party organ for the APSP. The highest party bodies are considered to be authoritative in case when more than a half of the members of the party organizations or their elected delegates are present.
4.3. Elections to the party organs and those to the leading party personalities are held by a secrete vote or voting by show, according to decisions of participants of meetings or delegates of a congress ( conference). Candidatures are considered to be elected in case when a half of the delegates of a congress ( conference) vote for them.
4.4. The APSP foundation is made up of private party organizations, which are created in number of not less than three members. Problems of activity of the organization are solved at meetings, which are convoked not less than once every three months.
4.5. Private party organizations:
- carry out admission to the APSP members and discharge their members from the APSP;
- elect leading party organs ( party bureau, chairmen of party organizations, their deputies). The term of their office is three years;
- organize work, aimed at fulfilling the party program, resolutions of the party leading bodies;
- take part in formation of regional prty committees;
- create party groups;
- keep account of the APSP members and keep the Political Rada informed.
4.6. Regional ( of the AR of the Crimea, regional, district, city organizations, the ones of c. Kiev, c.Sevastopol) party organizations of the APSP are created with the purpose of coordinating the activities of private organizations, which fulfill the program and the statute party tasks.
4.7. Conferences of regional ( AR of the Crimea, regional, district, city organizations, the ones of c. Kiev and c. Sevastopol) party organizations of the APSP:
- elect the party committee, auditing commission for the term of two years;
- solve problems, pertaining to activities of regional party organizations;
- listen to reports of party committees and the auditing commission;
- elect delegates for congresses ( conferences) of the highest level the APSP organizations.
Conferences of regional party organizations are held not less than two times a year.
4.8. Committees of regional ( the AR of the Crimea, regional, district, city organizations, the ones of c. Kiev and c. Sevastopol) party organizations:
- organize discussion and fulfillment of general party resolutions in private party organizations;
- make up proposals on the content of activity, strategy and tactics of the APSP;
- Inform party organs of the highest level and account for their work before the highest party organs;
- Take part in making the state policy and forming strategies on the corresponding territorial bodies of authority;
- Represent the APSP in local organs of administration, cooperate with the corresponding structures of other parties and coordinate the work of the APSP members- representatives in bodies of administration and local self-government;
- Admit to the party and expel the APSP members, they also pass the corresponding protocols to the Political Rada to be confirmed;
- Coordinate development of party organizations structure;
- Offer methodical, organizational and consultation assistance to their centers;
- Listen to reports of party committees and party bureau of the lowest level;
- Run party economy ( office work, statistics, record keeping, finances).
4.9. The highest party organ is the APSP congress, which is convoked not less than once every four years. The party members are to be informed about convocation of a congress ( conference) and its agenda not later than two months before it is opened. Political Rada determines the date and the place of the congress, norms of representation on electing delegates to the congress ( conference), proposals concerning the agenda and the order of conducting the congress not later than two months in advance. The head and members of the Political Rada are delegates of a coming congress ( conference) without passing through the procedure of elections in party organizations. Party conferences of the APSP can be convoked for discussing the most topical and important problems of the party’s activity. Irregular party congresses or conferences can be convoked by request of not less than a half of the party members or by initiative of the Political Rada not later than a month before it is to be held. A congress ( conference) of the APSP is considered to be legitimate in case more than a half of the elected delegates take part in it. Resolutions are adopted by a simple majority of the delegates elected.
The congress ( conference):
- determines the party strategy and its tactics;
- adopts the party Statute and the party Program of the APSP, makes changes and amendments to them;
- elects the party Political Rada, its auditing commission for the term of 4 years;
- elects the party’s leader for the term of 4 years;
- listens and approves reports of the leading bodies and those of the auditing commission on their activities;
- makes decisions on discontinuing the APSP’s activity;
- implements the right of property, pertaining to the APSP’s possessions and financial means;
- solves other topical problems, connected with the party’s activity.
4.10 In the period between congresses the APSP Political Rada supervises activities of the APSP.
4.11. The APSP Political Rada, by suggestions of the APSP Leader commissions leaders of regional, district, city party organizations, those of AR of the Crimea, c. Kiev and c. Sevastopol to leading posts and removes them from office:
- Determines the direction of the activity and approves the plan of the party’s work;
- Elects the party leader’s deputies according to the principal directions of the party’s activity;
- Admits candidates to the APSP political Rada, dismisses from members of the APSP Political Rada for violating the current legislation of Ukraine and the APSP Statute;
- Candidates to the APSP Political Rada members have all the authority of the Political Rada members;
- Determines the order and amounts of paying membership fees and entrance fee of the party;
- Determines quotes of representation at a congress or a party conference;
- Makes decisions on creation of regional centers 9 regional, the AR of the Crimea, c. Kiev, c. Sevastopol, city and district private party organizations;
- Provides fulfillment of a party congress ( conference) decisions – carries out coordination of the APSP members’ activities in the period between congresses ( conferences);
- Controls financial and material resources within the framework, given by the power of a congress ( conference), prepares and approves estimates of the party’s incomes and expenses, determines the forms and amounts of payment to the staff workers, makes up a list of members of the staff;
- Considers other problems, which are put forward for discussion on the leader and the political Rada’s members’ initiative;
- Approves decisions of all the subunits of the APSP, pertaining admission or dismissal from the party members.
4.12 A sitting of the Political is Rada is considered legitimate in case more than a half of its members are present at it. Decisions of the Political Rada are adopted by a simple majority of voices. Sittings are held according to necessity , not less than once every 3 months.
4.13. The Leader of the party supervises the activity of the Political Rada and represents the APSP in its relation with the state, social and other organizations, enterprises etc.
The APSP Leader:
- A without being given a commission acts on behalf of the party fulfilling its program and the Statute tasks;
- Convokes sittings of the Political Rada and acts as their chairman;
- Has the right to take for his consideration and to solve any problem, which has a great importance for providing the party’s activity with their further consideration by the Political Rada;
- Opens and closes bank accounts;
- Makes up agreements, contracts, commissions of controlling the party’s property, has the right to sign financial documents;
- Puts signatures on estimates and expenses, also on other party documents;
- Admits and fires staff workers of the party within the frameworks of the confirmed list of members of the staff and wage fund.
In case the APSP Leader is absent his principal responsibilities are fulfilled by one of his deputies.
4.14. The body of the party’s control is its auditing commission, which consists of 3 members of the APSP. The APSP Auditing commission is elected by the APSP congress ( conference). The auditing commission’s authority remains till the next coming congress ( conference) of the APSP.
- Carries out control of financial and economic activity of the APSP, examines reports and finance documents, submitted by the Political Council, makes reports on the documents;
- Has access to all the finance and economic documents of the APSP;
- Controls utilization of the APSP’ movable and immovable property, equipment and its transportation means;
- Examines financial and economic activity of regional ( AR of the Crimea, regional, district, city organizations, those of c.Kiev and c. Sevastopol) party centers.
The head of the Auditing commission accounts for the Political Rada and has the right to take part in its work with the right of deliberative vote.
5. Party’s Financial Means and property
5.1. The All-Ukrainian Party of Spirituality and Patriotism is an unprofitable organization.
5.2. To carry out its activity according to the Statute the APSP has the right to have its own movable and immovable property, financial means, equipment, transportation and other means, gaining of which is not prohibited by the Law of Ukraine. The party can rent the necessary movable and immovable property.
5.3. The financial means, which are at the party’s disposal, are used for fulfilling its aims and tasks, provided by the current Statute and also for sustaining the list of members of the staff.
5.4. The APSP undertakes to publish annually its financial report and income report, the report on the party’s property in the state mass media.
6. Order of Making Changes and Additions to the Statute
6.1. Changes and additions to the Statute are made according to resolutions of the congress ( conference and are considered to be approved in case more than a half of the present at the congress ( conference0 have voted for them.
6.2. The APSP informs the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on all the changes in titles, the party Program and the party Statue, the party leading organs, its address and location within a week’s term after making decisions on the items in question.
7. Discontinuing the Activity
7.1. Discontinuing of the APSP activity can take place by the way of its reorganization or liquidation (self-dismissal) or in case when the party’s activity is prohibited or its registering certificate is canceled in the order, established by the current Law of Ukraine.
7.2. The APSP stops its activity by the way of its reorganization or liquidation ( self-dismissal) or in case of its activity is prohibited or its certificate is canceled in the order, established by the Law of Ukraine “ On Political Parties in Ukraine’ and by other laws of Ukraine.
Resolution on the APSP liquidation or its self-dismissal is taken by a party congress according to its Statute.
7.3. The party’s financial means and its other property can not be re-distributed among its members in case of its dismissal. They are to be passed to other unprofitable organizations of the corresponding kind of their activity. In the cases, provided by the legislation, they are directed to the income of the state.